At Plumbdog we don’t like surprises any more than our customer’s do, so here is a step-by-step guide on what to expect during an after- hours hours service job:
- When you call outside of normal business hours you will hear our answering machine message and you will be given the option to either leave a message, or to be transferred to our after-hours call centre. If you choose to leave a message then we will attend to your enquiry on the next business day and you will be given priority over any new enquiries which come through that day. (We usually have a number of spots available for same day attendance at standard hour rates). If you choose to, you will be transferred to our call centre BASED IN Australia and manned 365 days per year including Xmas and Easter holidays.
- After discussing your plumbing or gas issues with you and advising our rates, should you wish to proceed with making a booking for after-hours attendance, our call centre operator will take details such as your name, phone number, and address which will be forwarded to the rostered tradesperson who is closest to you (we will work this out using your postcode). If you choose not to proceed with after-hours attendance then you have the option to have your details forwarded to our office so we can then attend to your enquiry on the next business day and you will be given priority over any new enquiries which come through that day.
- Once your after-hours tradesperson has discussed your issue with you an estimated arrival time will be agreed upon between yourselves, although if your after-hours job is an absolute emergency, your job will be given our highest priority, which usually means we should be able to get to you within the hour.
- To proceed you will be required to give your tradesperson valid Visa or Master Card details in order for us to process the quoted minimum fee prior to dispatch. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy so please be sure prior to making the booking.
- Unless an immediate arrival time has been agreed upon you receive a courtesy phone call, around 30 minutes prior to arrival to save you peering out of your window like a lost puppy!
- Your tradesperson will arrive in a clean uniform & boots and with a service vehicle busting at the seams with stock and equipment!
- Generally we will only do the work that is considered highest urgency, such as repairing burst pipes, unblocking of drains, repairing hot water systems & stopping leaking taps and toilets, although we are happy to do as much or as little as you like, as we understand you have a busy schedule too! If you have a hot water issue and we can’t repair or replace your hot water system on the spot, we usually carry emergency hot water systems on our vehicles which can hire to you to provide you with hot water until we can return with any special parts or a replacement system.
- Should we need to return to complete any work, we will do this during standard hours (at standard hours rates) whenever possible, making the job more cost effective for you.
- On job completion, you will be advised of what work we performed and we will demonstrate correct operation of each item to you if applicable i.e. lighting of hot water system pilot lights. If you aren’t available then any related issues in the future will be fully chargeable.
- Your job sheet will be completed using a state of the art iPad application, and we will run you through your job report in detail with you along with the itemised pricing with you. All your job descriptions are kept on file electronically for easy future access.
- Any extra labour, materials, and equipment charges are required to be paid by Cash, Eftpos, Visa or Master Card (2% fee applies to credit card transactions). A copy of the paid receipt will be emailed to your Inbox, usually within 24 hours of job completion (during business hours) or by post.
- Upon completion of the job, you will receive a free complimentary fridge magnet so you can quickly & easily access our number for the next time you need a reliable ‘genuine’ emergency plumber.
- Don’t be caught off-guard in an emergency plumbing situation, save our emergency plumber number in your phone – 1300 884 146.
- We promise to include a good attitude, reliability and a positive customer experience all at no extra cost!
- As we constantly seek to better our services, please expect a call from Plumbdog management so that we can welcome your feed-bark.
- Your biggest compliment to us is to refer us to your friends, family, and work colleagues. Please ask them to let us know who referred them and we will show you our appreciation!!
Please keep in mind that you risk further property damage if you choose to ignore your plumbing emergency, so if water is escaping or you can smell gas, don’t delay – call us right away. Whistle and we will come!
- We have a 24 hour cancellation policy so please be sure prior to making a booking.
- Please note that all calls are recorded for training and verification purposes.
- Your email address will be requested so that we can email a copy of your quotation to you, this email address may be used to send you occasional marketing material.
- The above is intended to be a guide only and may vary on each situation.
- Plumbdog representatives are happy to offer advice based on their knowledge and experience, however we do not carry indemnity insurance, therefore all decisions are to be made by the client. All information shared and work performed is in accordance with our terms & conditions.
- Please note that our after-hours callout fees will also apply to warranty work that is performed after hours as your tradesperson will not be able to access previous job descriptions and notes.