Gas leak detection by Perth’s most reliable emergency gas plumbers
If you can smell gas in or around your home or office, call Plumbdog immediately. As well as being an explosion or fire risk, escaped gas can cause serious health issues. We offer genuine emergency gas leak detection on 1300 884 146 and will answer your call with prompt arrival across the whole Perth metro, often within the hour. Whistle and we will come!
All our fully qualified and licensed emergency gas plumbers carry gas leak detection equipment in their service vehicles, which can often find a gas leak within minutes. When the leak is under control we can perform repairs and provide you with an effective gas maintenance plan.
Genuine emergency gas leak detection and repair
As well as carrying the latest leak detection technology, our licensed gas fitters keep their service vehicles stocked to the roof, so most gas leaks can be repaired in one visit. We will also be able to transfer your call to a fully qualified gas fitter who can advise on safety measures before we arrive.
We will always arrive within the agreed time frame and offer the Plumbdog service guarantee.
Our standard callout rates can be viewed here. We carry Cash, Credit Card & Eftpos facilities in all our service vehicles for easy, on-the-spot payment, and will only charge standard rates for jobs, including emergency work.
See how we work during a standard service call.
I can smell gas, what should I do?
Natural gas by itself doesn’t have an odour, so an artificial odourant called Methanethiol is added to the gas (it smells a little like rotten cabbage). If you can smell gas on your premises, we recommend the following steps:
- Turn off your gas at your gas meter or LPG cylinder
- Extinguish naked flames such as cigarette lighters
- Call Plumbdog immediately to book a visit from one of our licensed gas fitters
- Do not light any naked flames, or operate electrical equipment
- Open all windows and doors for ventilation
If the gas smell is originating from the street, or from areas of your property beyond your gas meter, you should call your natural gas supply company to locate and fix the leak.
Contact Plumbdog now for fast emergency gas leak detection
A gas leak is a problem that needs immediate attention. Plumbdog’s licensed gas fitters and gas plumbers offer genuine fast emergency response across Perth every day of the year including public holidays. Just give us a whistle!
Gas maintenance tips
There are a few things you can do to improve gas safety around the home or office:
- Ensure all gas appliances are installed and maintained by a licensed gas fitter/gas plumber only
- When digging outside take care to avoid underground gas pipes
- Any gas burners should produce a blue flame – contact a gas fitter if it is yellow or red
- Switch gas appliances off when sleeping or leaving the house
- Keep gas meters and pressure regulators in good repair and away from where they can be damaged