Need help with dripping tap repairs in Perth?
A dripping tap is more than just an annoyance – it can waste over 2,000 litres of water a month! This adds up to over 24,000 litres a year, and when it’s a hot tap, it can also be an expensive waste of energy.
That’s why it’s important that, at the first sign of a dripping tap, you contact Plumbdog on 1300 884 146. Whistle and we will come!
How easy is it to fix a dripping tap?
Fixing a leaking tap is a job that just about every home handyman has tried, but there’s usually more to it than just replacing the washer. It must also be reseated to prevent any further leakage from between the tap seat and washer – a tricky job, if you’re not an experienced tap plumber, to do without causing permanent damage to the tap assembly.
Your dripping taps fixed on time, every time
Our tap servicing and replacement procedures are carried out to only the highest standards
We will disassemble the tap without damaging it, reseat the set, clean and lubricate the spindle, and replace all O-rings, body washers and jumper valves. This restores the tap to near as-new condition, preventing further water wastage and saving you from expensive tap repair or replacement.
Contact us now for expert dripping tap repairs
Don’t put up with that annoying drip any longer. If you have a leaky tap and need a plumber in Perth with the experience and expertise to get the job done right first time, give Plumbdog a whistle!
Servicing a standard tap and replacing the washer and O-Ring
Whilst we recommend a leaking tap only be fixed by a qualified plumber (as incorrect servicing of a tap can cause irreversible damage to the tap body), it can in most cases be done by carefully following the steps below:
- Turn off the main water supply.
- Using an adjustable spanner, remove the tap cover, placing a cloth between tap and tool to prevent scratching.
- Use an open-ended spanner to unscrew the gland nut, and expose and remove the old washer.
- Use a reseating tool to shave the tap seat back to a flat, shiny surface.
- Replace the O-ring on the spindle and apply grease.
- Flush away filing debris and insert spindle with the new tap washer.
- Reassemble the tap (taking care not to overtighten the gland nut) and turn main water supply back on.
We always recommend you buy replacement tapware or fixtures from a recognised plumbing supplier, as their items will always be covered by warranty should any fault occur – unlike when you buy from a regular hardware store or chain.